To UPLOAD: Please register or Login
MuskieFIRST | WalleyeFIRST | SalmonFIRST | IceFishing | WhitetailFIRST | BassFIRST | OutdoorsFIRST Upload

Bass Fishing Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow. " -K (Tommy Lee Jones)-Men In Black
- (Added by: rcnut143)

Moderators: OutdoorsFIRST

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Bass Fishing -> General Discussion -> A few faves with Fletcher Shryock

Reply New post
Message Subject: A few faves with Fletcher Shryock
sworrall
Posted 2/1/2018 11:12 AM (#1946)
Subject: A few faves with Fletcher Shryock
Quote Reply

Veteran

Dave Landahl
Published January 31, 2018

No pressure this time out from BassFIRST. Nope, we'll save ever brutal Three Questions for another time. Strangely enough, there are three questions, but not the type of hard-hitting journalism BassFIRST is known for.

Instead, Spiderwire pro Fletcher Shryock decided to let us know about a few of his favorite things. Hopefully rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens are not among them. Read on and find out.

Fletcher Shryock. (Joel Shangle/BassFIRST)
DL - What is your favorite sport to watch?

FS - I have two. I like college football. It is so much more unpredictable than the NFL. It's not overproduced and boring like the NFL.

The other is supercross. Since I formerly competed in that sport, I can watch and see all the nuance a regular fan can't.

It's amazing to see how fast they've gotten since I left the sport. I respect the hell out of it.

DL - What is the favorite destination you've been to on the Elite Series?

FS - I'd say Lake Havasu. First off, it's a big western reservoir. Totally unlike anything I've ever fished before. The fishing is really good and the views, let's just say, are great. I can understand why it's a popular destination during spring break.

DL - What is your favorite way to fish?

FS - Flipping heavy vegetation. I load up 40-to 50-pound Spiderwire and go at it.

I use lighter line than some, but it's for more versatility. I just retie a little more often. The smaller line casts further and doesn't negatively impact the movement of lures.

Plus, I'm not usually going to break off a bass on line that heavy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)